Kitchen Renovations for the Heart of Your Home
Your kitchen is where family comes together. It’s where friends gather and share stories. It’s where you feed guests. So you need a space that really reflects you, but that’s also practical.
At Berceli, our design consultants will help you create the kitchen you’ve always wanted.
When designing your kitchen, remember these design tips:
- What do you not like about your current kitchen?
- Create a “wish list” for your new kitchen, and then number the items in order of importance.
- What items (i.e., cabinetry, flooring) do you want to put the most money into?
- If necessary, what items are you willing to save money on?
- Adequate food storage: Do you go food shopping once a week or every few days?
- Kitchen lighting: Even if there is adequate general lighting, the counter areas can be dark and hard to work in. Having under-cabinet lighting should be an essential part of the cabinet design and layout.
- What about an island? For an island to add function as well as style, it should be no more than 42 inches from the main counters.
- Are you planning for a new home? Do you need a layout design that will accommodate replacing your existing kitchen PLUS adding or removing walls?
With so many things to consider about planning and styling your new room, you may require a little assistance. You have probably realized by now that you can’t go it alone. You’ll need the help of a kitchen and/or bathroom professional—AND THAT’S US!